Material generated as part of the Mass Education Project (2014) has been catalogued and is now ready for research at The Keep. The project engaged with primary and secondary school students from schools across the South East, and multiple adult community groups in East Sussex, running workshops to introduce Mass Observation and explore the importance of observing everyday life. The collection includes:
- 12 May day diaries from community adult groups based in Brighton and Hove, Dorothy Stringer Secondary School, Sir Robert Woodard Academy and St Catherine’s Preparatory Girls' School
- Observation directives created and reported by students from Dorothy Stringer secondary school, Oriel High School, and Sir Robert Woodard Academy
- Notebooks of observations from St Catherine's School
- Photographs from workshops held at Downs Junior School, and St Catherine's school
- Photographs taken by students on disposable cameras that were produced as flip books.
- Material related to the Brighton Photo Biennial photography festival October-November 2014, where photographs and flipbooks documenting the project were displayed.