A new database for the Mass Observation Project has been launched.
This is a searchable, downloadable database for people wanting to identify available writing from writers contributing to the Mass Observation Project (MOP) 1981 onwards. It is a resource that provides potential users of the MOP with information about the biographical/demographic characteristics and writing behaviours of individual Mass Observation Project writers.
The database is designed to enable users to
- Identify available writing of individual writers, or groups of writers, based on their individual characteristics, such as year of birth and gender
- Identify available writing of individual writers, or groups of writers, based on their writing behaviour
- Search for available writing by theme/directive
- Use tools that make simple demographic comparisons between writers and the broader population of the UK
- Identify writers who have been serial responders